More people are living with epilepsy in the United States than ever before.
Susan Reed and Noni Davis are doing their part to help raise funds and awareness for the 3.4 million people in the United States alone who are living with the challenges of epilepsy. Join them and other Athletes vs Epilepsy cyclists who are participating in El Tour de Tucson. El Tour offers a variety of fun as well as competitive distances for individuals and families. Click here for more information or show your support to Susan and Noni and make a donation to their fundriasing efforts.
Facts about Epilepsy and Seizures
- 65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who have epilepsy.
- 3.4 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
- BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
- 150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
- ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them.
- 6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknown.
Cycling, not your sport? There are a variety of Athletes vs Epilepsy opportunities for you to participate or create on your own! Visit our Signature Events, Choose Your Own Event or DIY pages for more information.